Q2 Tracker Link

(Cochrane Alberta Canada) Follow recent flights at: https://aprs.fi/cgmbk *******************Also YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfxJXIwvmfNlNF3gwplFw7Q

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Put the CPI Controller into the Panel

 January 12 2022

It was on my winter project list to install my Electronic Ignition Controller Module into the panel properly.  This has always been my intent as I was using the controller temp. attached to the lower edge of the passenger panel.  My test period went without a problem but I did not install the controller  properly as it was flying season and didn't want my plane unusable in the summer.  So I took a two day break from working on the Vision this week to do the proper install in the Q2 panel.  Weather finally warmed up after a three week extreme cold spell and I just got back out to the airport.   

My panel has a fiberglass back panel which supports individual aluminum sub panels on the forward side of the fiberglass panel.  The fiberglass panel offers good support, the only draw back is for every hole in a aluminum panel a similar hole must be cut out of the fiberglass panel as well.  This is first trial test fit onto aluminum panel.

For me the sub panel concept is ideal as the panel can be modified by disconnecting fewer instruments.
My fuse block is a swing away unit on a hinge and the SDS Electronic Ignition control head was temp hung just to the left of the fuse block and worked well for the summer testing.
I am very pleased with the final install.  Now when warmer weather comes it's time to go flying.


No comments:

Post a Comment