Q2 Tracker Link

(Cochrane Alberta Canada) Follow recent flights at: https://aprs.fi/cgmbk *******************Also YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfxJXIwvmfNlNF3gwplFw7Q

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Second Cross Country Trip

On September 14/16 I flew my Q2 C-GMBK for its second cross country trip.  This time each leg was a bit longer than the last trip which had three legs.  This time we headed from Springbank (CYBW)  to Red Deer Alberta (CYQR), the flight to get there was 42 minutes flying time.  The airport elevation is 2970 ft and we used the 3400 ft runway.  Alan in his RV6a was kind enough to accompany me on this flight as my safety aircraft.  We went for a lunch at the "Hangar Pub" which is only 2 blocks from the airport tower and then did the return trip home.  Flight outbound was at 6500 ft. and my airspeed seems to be at a pretty constant 125-135 mph.  Power was at full most of the time showing 3000-3050 rpm but I reduced to 2800 rpm at times.  Temperatures and pressures were steady and in the normal ranges.  Visibility out of my new canopy provided a spectacular viewing platform and I had more time to look out and enjoy it this time. The aircraft is flying hands off with only fingertip control required on the centre stick.  There is no tendency to roll and the roll trim mechanism into the stick works great.  Pitch trim is controlled from the T-tail trim and this is working fantastic, I can control climb, decent and minor cruise pitch changes with small amounts of twist into the vernier control (my design).  Landings are good and I am now trying to make them shorter.  I am still enduring background static on my MGL V6 radio but have just received some good advice on changing settings from a Forum and from MGL.  I will relay any improvements in a later posting.
 Flight tracker at:  http://aprs.fi/cgmbk

Below are aircraft from Airspray Firefighting and Buffalo Airways Maintenance facility at Red Deer airport Alberta.


No comments:

Post a Comment