Q2 Tracker Link

(Cochrane Alberta Canada) Follow recent flights at: https://aprs.fi/cgmbk *******************Also YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfxJXIwvmfNlNF3gwplFw7Q

Saturday, September 3, 2016

First Cross Country Trip

September 3/16
It's official I finally got away for my first cross country trip.  A friend in his Cozy Mk 4  and another friend in his RV3 joined me as safety aircraft for the trip.  This flight was just a short one departing our home airport of Springbank CYBW and going to Olds/Didsbury then Three Hills then returning home to Springbank.  We all made a stop at each airport so I could check my engine compartment for any oil leaks.  At Three Hills we were lucky to have arrived for their monthly coffee and muffins and stayed for a couple of hours.  We chatted about lots of airplane stuff and received a tour from Dennis Fox of his brand new RV8 that just came back with a beautiful paint job.  Thanks to everyone!

The plane ran like a charm and there were no oil leaks at all.  First leg I kept power off a bit an saw 125 mph.  Later on I let it have full power and saw 135 mph and a rpm of 2950-3000.  All temperatures and pressures were normal.  My two friends had to really pull back on their power because they are much faster than the Quickie Q2 with its small Revmaster engine.

Total distance on the trip was 130 miles and I logged 2.1 hours in the air.  What a great day this was for me finally.  The time spent on this project has been all worthwhile.  This is the second 100% rebuild of this Canadian aircraft.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment